Thursday, March 20, 2014

Big Relay News!

Two blogs in one day! What the what?! Well, I've got some fun news to share.  I'm running Hood to Coast this year with Nuun!  My favorite hydration plus the mother of all relays = WIN WIN!

In previous years Nuun has selected a couple of teams of female bloggers to run Hood to Coast with them.  This year they changed it up a bit, and opened up the applications to only their ambassadors (in case you missed it, I was selected as an ambassador earlier this year - see the little Nuun logo over there ------------------------------------>, that's what that is about).  I applied because I really wanted to be a part of the awesome crew I knew they would be putting together for this race.
From my instagram on Monday

And, on Monday, I got the news - I'm in!  I was at work and had to hold back my excitement a tiny bit, as I still had work to get done. But, to say I was happy to have been selected would be an understatement.  I feel so lucky to go on this adventure with Nuun and the 19 other amazing ambassadors they chose to run this year.
New Nuun Energy. You gotta try it. I'm sure we'll all
be #electrolit throughout the relay!

Anyway, I am over the moon excited to be a part of this awesome crew.  I've  already chatted with a few on twitter and I can't wait to get to know the rest of the group over the coming months.  This is going to be an awesome adventure and I can't wait to share it with you!  Yay!!

I have no idea what runner number I'm going to be yet, all in due time.  And, I'm pretty sure my training through Vineman 70.3 will be solid prep.  The weeks between Vineman and HTC will be totally focused on HTC.  In the meantime my runs will be Vineman focused (but I know they'll work well for HTC training too, hill runs are starting soon!), working on distance and pace (I plan to share how the training works for both races).

155 days!!! Woot!

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to meeting you! Also I did Vineman last year....such an awesome race. It kicked my butt but loved every part of it. Sick, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Can't wait to meet you and everyone else. Is it August yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet you!! I have a feeling the next few months are going to take forevvvvver! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Super excited to meet you in August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    my blog post: repo cars for sale in palm beach ()

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to
    say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any
    case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you
    write again soon!

    Here is my web page - tampa florida car accident

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!