1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Randoms about ME1. I'm not usually someone who cries a lot. But, training for an ironman has me all sorts of weepy, all the time. Seriously feel like I could cry at almost any given moment. And, its made me more anxious/nervous than I've been in years. (I take medication to help with anxiety, and this business is making me feel like it doesn't work anymore. Its not a good feeling - reminds me of bad/dark places my head sometimes likes to go - I need to talk to my doctor about this.)
2. In high school I did everything I could to get out of PE class. I hated it. I would just sit there and do nothing. My PE teacher excused me from having to take a second year, I think mostly because I was good at convincing everyone else in class to not do stuff too. Now, I enjoy running marathons and I'm training for an Ironman. Who would've thought that would happen?
3. Being raised by journalists has made me very inquisitive (also known as nosy). If you let me, I'll ask you a million questions about you. I like getting to know people. Also, you can ask me anything you want in return, I'll probably be honest with you, I have nothing to hide.
4. I'm 32 years old and my parents are still my emergency contacts. I'm single, who else would I put? And, they live in the same city as me. And, I'm really close with them. In my mind, it would be weird if they weren't my emergency contacts.
5. I don't mind being single. Seriously. If I meet someone, then that's great. But, I'm not bent about it. When people say they want to set me up or put me on Match.com I don't get it. I think that says more about them than me. I've been single a long time, I'm really okay with it. And, single doesn't mean lonely, or alone. It just means I'm not serious about any one particular person. Sometimes it means I'm dating more than one person, or only casually hanging out with someone. Also, sometimes I date someone seriously but don't put labels on it, cause I don't really see the point. I'm pretty mellow about the whole relationship thing. (On the same note, if I never get married then that's fine, and if I do, then that's fine too, whatever happens happens, I'm not gonna get crazy about it, either way.)
6. I don't fully trust people who don't like any animals. It's confusing to me, cause I love my dog so much. And, I really don't trust people who animals don't like. Sorry, gotta go with the critters on this one, if they don't like you, I won't either. And if you don't like them, well, you're never going to come in first in my book (even if you do like them, the dog is probably always going to win).
7. I am still friends with a group of girls from high school and they are the most amazing women I have ever met in my life. I am so grateful to have each and every one of them in my life, they make me a better person just by knowing them. When I say I hit the lottery of friends, I'm not kidding. Jackpot. Best friends ever.
8. It REALLY bothers me when people, knowing I'm sober, say they want to see me drunk. It's not cool to say that. It wouldn't be fun to see it. Stop saying it. I'm sober for a reason, please accept that and don't try to make me fit in your world. The next person who says that to me, who I'm Facebook friends with, gets deleted. The end. You know who you are, you've been warned. (Let's put it this way, if you had a friend who was a drug addict you wouldn't say to them, "I wish I could see you on heroin, that would be awesome." Its the same thing, its just that my drug of choice happens to be alcohol.)
9. I can eat an entire box of cereal, by myself, in one day (maybe one sitting). I can't have cereal in my house, especially sugary cereal .... mmmm.... Trix.... (But, in all seriousness it doesn't have to be sugary cereal, I could eat a box of Chex just as easily.) Cereal is just not allowed in my house, or I would be the size of a house.
10. I'm scared of elevators. I will take them, but I have a small anxiety attack every time I get in one. I have recurring nightmares that I'm in an elevator that is falling uncontrollably, and then it rises, also uncontrollably, back and forth. I know this is a stress dream, and it went away for a while, but it seems to have come back. I wake up in a cold sweat and scared every time. It's terrifyingly real. (I know this isn't going to actually happen, but every time I get in an elevator I think about it.)
11. I celebrate my dog's birthday every year. It's next week actually. I know, weird, but I give him special treats and sometimes make him wear a birthday hat (he hates the hat, loves the treats). I love my dog like he's my child, so of course I celebrate his birthday. (Besides, I like him more than I like most people, and I celebrate their birthdays, so why not his?) And, this might sound weird, but part of why I celebrate his birthday is because I feel like he helped save me. I brought him home within months of getting sober and being diagnosed with bipolar and he helped me through some rough times in the beginning - and still does, his unconditional love and affection get me through a lot.
|someone knows the hat is coming...|
|can we take this hat off now?|
Now, 11 NEW questions from Heather...
1. Do you cross train? (Be honest!) I didn't used to, but training for an Ironman there is ALL kinds of cross training happening. Swim, bike, core and stability. I'm exhausted, and this is just the beginning. I sorta miss just training for a marathon, it was simpler. And I didn't cry during marathon training. Now, water works, all the time.
2. What's your FAVORITE thing about running? The feeling I get after a good run. Nothing like it in the world.
3. And your LEAST favorite? Getting started. I have to give myself a pep talk before almost every single run I do. The first three miles are almost always miserable for me. After that, I'm usually good.
4. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what is it? Pasta or cake, mmmm, carbs. Scratch that, cake. Definitely - I have a crazy bad sweet tooth.
5. What came first, chicken or the egg? Chicken. Cause where else would the egg come from?
6. You're stuck on a deserted island - what three books do you wish you had with you? East of Eden (my favorite book of all time, I actually own a first edition), Harry Potter (I'm gonna say the whole series counts as one), the third is a little trickier - maybe One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, or The Bell Jar, or Things Fall Apart, or On the Road. I love books. Narrowing it down is too hard.
7. How much time do you spend getting ready before leaving your house for a normal day of work/school/whatever you do? Like 15 minutes, max. I spend more time with the dog in the front yard in the morning than I do getting ready. Really, I just brush my teeth, brush my hair, get dressed and *maybe* put on a little makeup (usually only some powder to cover the bags under my eyes that I was so genetically blessed to get =/.)
8. Do you love the treadmill as much as I do? F'ing hate it. Worst thing ever. I am learning to hate the bike trainer now too, but the treadmill still wins. Hate.
9. My birthday is coming up (in 6 months)... want to come have a party? Um, hell ya. My birthday is in four and a half months, lets celebrate!
10. What should I get The H for his birthday (next week)? Um, a kindle, or nook, or some kind of e-reader, if he reads. If not, get him some power tools. (I have no idea how to shop for men, I'm not the right person to ask.)
11. Have you joined Team Gab yet? Yes, for the virtual run, but I can't run the PCRF half cause I'll be busy with Wildflower Long that weekend. But, I'll totally run the half marathon there for Team Gab!
If you're so inclined to tag yourself and answer 11 random questions here you go (if you do, tell me you did, so I can see your answers): (if you want my answers to these questions let me know I'll give them to you)
1. What's your favorite movie?
2. Books or TV?
3. If you could move to any city in the world what city would it be?
4. Life hands you lemons, now what?
5. Summer or winter?
6. What's the hardest thing you've ever done?
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
8. Have you ever been in love?
9. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
10. Dogs or cats?
11. Do you believe in fate?